Client Rights and Responsibilities
The right to be free of discrimination because of race, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical disability, age, nationality, ancestry, or place of origin.
- The right to freedom of choice.
- The right to know the rules and regulations of the WBWS & Housing First Programs and what constitutes grounds for termination from the programs.
- The client has the right to leave our programs at any time if he/she no longer wishes to continue a program.
- The right to be treated and evaluated according to his or her own needs and within program availability.
- The right to a physically safe time, free from hazards, including communicable diseases.
- The right to complete confidentiality of personal information shared with the staff, except in cases where the law contravenes this right.
- The right to orientation, including staff responsibilities.
- The right to know and expect that our programs are operated by competent staff.
- The right to a high moral climate within our programs.
- The right to a care plan development with your input.
- The right to review your personal file and all other documents relating to you at a mutually convenient time.
- The right to file a complaint to the RMWB- Homelessness Program Department if you feel treated unfairly.